Monday, July 12, 2010

Starting Over


Hello Everyone,

It has been a few weeks, and a few things have changed. As usual, when you step back and look at a situation, you gain a new perspective. I had gained back some weight, and I was wrapped up in frustration. My focus became very negative.It was all about what I did "wrong." And so the guilt piled on, just as the pounds had.

I decided to go back to the beginning. I would read my first posts, see what my successes were,and start over. The truth is, I never got around to reading my original posts. Partly because I was very very busy this week and partly because I already knew the answer. I am sure, however, that when (not if) I go back and read them, I will find something else that will keep me on the road I need to follow.

 Meanwhile, I decided to stop worrying and blaming. I just started eating the things I know I should be eating. I stayed away from the scale. After an entire week of that, I was too curious. So, today I took a look, and what I saw made me very happy. All the pounds that piled on were almost gone. Only 1 left.

So what I learned from this setback was what I already knew. It just got buried by my need to find more; something else, something new, something better. All along, what I was looking for was right there. I am now back on track, and I am enjoying what I am eating.

I hope all of you are doing well, and as usual, I would love to read your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Marie

6 comments:

gail said...

Hi Marie,, thats awesome news about the scale. :) For myself I am going to focus, like Roxie and Robin on eating "clean", unprocessed foods as much as possible. Fresh is the secret and I believe this with all my heart. Now I just have to get my head in the game! LOL But I am ready to start the new week. :)
Hope you have a good one too. (()) gail

lisa said...

I've had to "start over" a time or two myself. It's frustrating but I know, but we will come through on the other side much healthier and with a better understanding of how our bodies work.

Hope your having a fantastic day.

oliviapaige said...

Wonderful news about the pounds. Why are we always looking for "something else", "something new", or maybe "something easy??" It's usually right there in front of us.

Have a great week!

Vera

Carolee Crafts said...

Marie, well done for shifting those extra pounds, I really should join you but have a love of food atm. Will have to 'start over' as well.

Have a good week

Roxie Morrow said...

Oh Marie, I "heart" you!
Please email me if you ever want to talk, I'm here for you.
I'm so glad you always share your honesty, it's refreshing.
Be good to your body, feed it good things, walk in place each day for 10-20 minutes. You'll see a difference next week, I promise!
xoxo
Roxie
www.cutebycomparison.blogspot.com

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Most of us know what its like to be in your shoes. But just remember,
you have us for support.I'm glad to be back and was so happy to hear from you.You gave me a lift and I hope I can give you a lift too.
XXOO Marie Antionette